Cordillera Consortium for Agriculture, Aquatic and Resources Research and Development (CorCAARRD)
Establishment and Membership
It started as Highland Agricultural Research Center (HARC) on November 17, 1978 under the Leadership of Dr. William D. Dar.
It was established with the mandate to help improve Agriculture and Aquatic productivity and to enhance Natural Resources development in the Cordillera Administrative Region.
Formally became a Consortium in 1980 through a Memorandum of Agreement among the Philippine Council for Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCAARRD), Benguet State University (BSU) and the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA).
In 2018, the Consortium became Cordillera Consortium for Agriculture, Aquatic, and Resources Research and Development (CorCAARRD). The change of name now gives prominence to the Cordillera Administrative Region, emphasizing on the geographic premise of the Consortium.
Based at BSU, it is one of the 15 National R&D Consortia that is organized and substantially supported by DOST-PCAARRD.
DOST-PCAARRD established the consortia mechanism to have regional venue for planning, evaluating, and sharing resources among RDE agencies in the region, to achieve the development of Aquatic, Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Primarily, CorCAARRD provides a mechanism to coordinate and monitor the Research and Development and Extension programs and projects of all 20 Consortium Member Institutions (11 R&D Implementing Agencies and 9 Non R&D Implementing Agencies.
A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED CONSORTIUM of diverse and competent institutions embodying excellent leadership in sustainable Research, Development and Extension programs on Agriculture, Aquatic, and Natural Resources for resilient and globally competitive communities by 2022.
- Plan and orchestrate CMIs’ and clients’ priorities to be a relevant and responsive Consortium providing the conditions necessary for partners to engage in diverse roles and functions towards the upliftment of our clients.
- Enable and nurture committed partners to be competent by collaborating and sharing of resources in implementing responsive RDE activities.
- Deliver enriched appropriate skills, information, knowledge, and technologies to bring about productive and resilient landscape beneficial to communities.
- Collaborate with other government agencies to plan, implement, and monitor Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources RDE programs and policies;
- Package significant information and appropriate technologies and provide mechanism for their utilization; and
- Undertake RDE Capability-Building activities for the CMIs.
- Preparation of comprehensive strategic consortium plan to guide five-year operation of the CorCAARRD .
- Creation of conductive climate to enable CMIs to engage in diverse roles and functions relevant to the upliftment of clienteles’ live.
- Excellent service delivery of appropriate knowledge, information and technology.
- Vulnerable communities made productive through the utilization of Research and Technology packaged in various media.
- Competent and committed consortium member institutions in undertaking RDE services.
- Effective and efficient consortium member institution strongly collaborating the areas of Research and Development, knowledge management, R&D commercialization and utilization, capacity building and resource generation.
Heirloom Rice, Native Animals, Indigenous plants for health and wellness
Climate change, Forest Resiliency, Soil Fertility, GIS remote sensing
Fresh Water Fishes & Shell Fish
|Project Title||Implementing Agency|
|Technology Promotion and Community-Based Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) Cultivation as an Alternative Source of Income for Displaced Workers and Farmers Affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic||Abra State Institute of Sciences and Technology|
|Capacitating Native Chicken Raisers in Abra Adopting Darag with S&T Intervention|
|Purple Yam (Dioscorea alata linn) Quality Plant Material Production Through Aeroponics||Benguet State University|
|DOST-PCAARRD-BSU Agri-Aqua Technology Business Incubator Phase 2||Benguet State University|
|Establishment and Facility Upgrading of the Potato R&D Center PCR Room for Increased Laboratory Productivity and Efficiency||Benguet State University|
|DOST-PCAARRD-IFSU Agri-Aqua Technology Business Incubation||Benguet State University|
|Accelerated R&D Program for Capacity Building of Research and Development Institutions and Industrial Competitiveness: Niche Centers in the Region for R&D (NICER) Program: Potato R&D Center (DOST-Funded)||Benguet State University|
|Enhancing Gender Responsiveness and Growth of Strawberry Processing Enterprises||Benguet State University|
|Enhancing Agri-Aqua Food Value Chain through Smart Technologies and Partnerships towards Food Resiliency in the New Normal in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)||Benguet State University|
|ATBI Networking and Capacity Building Phase 2||Benguet State University|
|Landslide Susceptibility Analysis Monitoring, Mapping and Early Warning Systems for the Cordillera Administrative Region||Benguet State University|
|Packaging and Conducting of Communication Campaign to Mitigate Watershed and Environmental Degredation during Pandemic||Benguet State University and Watershed and Water Resources Research, Development and Extension Center|
|Regional Agri-Aqua Innovation System Enhancement (RAISE) Program in Cordillera Administratve Region (CAR)||Benguet State University, Ifugao State University, and Apayao State College|
|PROJECT HAGABI (Phase 2): Improving Vegetable, Animal and Aquatic Production in Ifugao||Ifugao State University|
|S&T Action Frontline Emergencies (SAFE) for Forest Fire Hazard in the Watersheds in Bokod and Tublay, Benguet Province using Maguey (Agave cantala) as Greenbelt||Watershed and Water Resources Research, Development and Extension Center|
|DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY – PHILIPPINE COUNCIL FOR AGRICULTURE, AQUATIC AND NATURAL RESOURCES RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT|
|DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE-BUREAU OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH|
|AGRICULTURAL TRAINING INSTITUTE-CAR|
|DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE-CARFU|
|BUREAU OF FISHERIES AND AQUATIC RESOURCES-CAR|
BAGUIO NATIONAL CROP RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION SUPPORT CENTER-BUREAU OF PLANT INDUSTRY
|DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY-CAR|
|NATIONAL ECONOMIC AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY-CAR|
|WATER SHED AND WATER RESOURCES RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT AND EXTENSION CENTER|
|CENTER FOR RESOURCES ON EDUCATION AND ADVOCACY MANAGEMENT SERVICES|
|PROVINCE OF MOUNTAIN PROVINCE|
|PROVINCE OF BENGUET|
|MUNICIPALITY OF LA TRINIDAD|
|CORDILLERA DISASTER RESPONSE AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES, INC. (CorDis RDS, Inc.)|
|APAYAO STATE COLLEGE||ABRA STATE INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY|
|IFUGAO STATE UNIVERSITY|
|BENGUET STATE UNIVERSITY|
|KALINGA STATE UNIVERSITY|
|MOUNTAIN PROVINCE STATE POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE|
|Office Address:||La Trinidad, Benguet|
|Phone:||(074) 422 1656 / (074) 665-8964|