The Los Baños Science Community (LBSC) is one of four science communities established by the Department of Science and Technology in accordance with the Presidential Executive Order No. 784 in 1984. The science community concept fosters the spirit of sharing of resources and expertise among research agencies located in Los Baños. On March 23, 2001 the Los Baños Science Community embarked on strengthening its resource generation activities which prompted its registration with the Securities and
Exchange Commission making the entity a non stock foundation.
Agencies belonging to the Los Baños Science Community Foundation, Inc. (LBSCFI) have, through the years, accumulated a rich resource of research and development information which may have great national impact. The LBSCFI feels that the National Science and Technology Week, which celebrates in July of each year is an appropriate occasion to grant the awards for outstanding research and development conducted by scientists and development workers in the community. The Award was launched in 1986.
LBSCFI Outstanding Research and Development Awards 2018
The LBSCFI R&D Awards Committee is pleased to announce the CY 2018 search for the following LBSCFI Outstanding R and D Awards:
- MS. Swaminathan Outstanding Research Award (Agriculture to include Agroforestry, Biodiversity and Natural Resources Management and Socio-Economics)
- PARRFI R & D Awards (Agriculture, Forestry and Environment)
- Youth Science Award 2018
- 2018 Nomination Form
- Guidelines and criteria for the various awards
- 1990-2017 LBSCFI R&D Awardees
- 2018 Call for Nominations
- 2018 YSA Poster
- 2018 YSA Guidelines and Criteria
Visit LBSCFI Website: http://www.lbscfi.org/about-us.html