PCARRD through its Human Resource Development Center (HRDC) is now offering the services of the Bulwagang Panday Karunugan (BPK) to both PCAARRD and non-PCAARRD users.
BPK was constructed primarily to serve as a center for developing the capabilities of the National Agriculture, Aquatic and Resource Research and Development System (NAARRDS) and the PCAARRD Secretariat to plan, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate research and technology development programs supportive of the country's Medium-Term Development Plan. Moreover, it serves as the heart of information and knowledge on research and technology management in Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources (AANR).
BPK, a four-story building, which occupies an area of 1,464 square meters, operates both as a venue for training, seminar, conference and workshop and as an information center.
It has the following amenities:
- A One-Stop Information Shop (OSIS), a repository of various information and technologies on agriculture, forestry, and natural resources generated by researchers and scientists all over the country.
- A main conference hall, fully air-conditioned and carpeted that can accommodate 100 persons or more.
- An ICT training room, equipped with computers that can accommodate 32 persons.
- Two air-conditioned training rooms that can accommodate 12 and 20 persons respectively.
- Ten air-conditioned lodging rooms that can accommodate 50 persons at any given time.
- The guesthouse, a self-contained building that can accommodate 15 persons. It has two air-conditioned rooms and two non-air-conditioned rooms, as well as living and dining areas.
- The duplex has three bedrooms with dining and kitchen areas.
- The PCARRD canteen, which is adjacent to the BPK, provides complete meals, catering services and even fine dining.
- A basketball and a tennis court.
- Spacious parking area.